Monday, October 8, 2007

Fashionably Late

I know it's been awhile but this fashion lover has been out of pocket swamped with all that is or could be fashionably irrelevant. At any rate, what's old has proven time and time to be new again. Let's see there's the resurgance of sweater dresses and 90's fav oxford heels and ankle boots. The good news is that sweater dresses come in a variety of knits (lightweight wools/chunky knits) and can flatter a variety of body types as long as you adhere to a few simple rules...let's say them together shall we?

- Thou shall not wear tight/ill-fitting sweater dresses in bright colors especially if I can fit clothing from Tall Girl, Lane Bryant, or any other plus-sized store.

- Thou shall not continue to wear any sweater dress that I own if they have piled. Nothing worse than wearing a sweater that looks like it has somehow been infected by the chicken pox.

-Thou shall not layer and layer and layer my sweater dress in a way that makes me too warm but will do so in a way that makes me look very "now"

Now that we know the rules, let's rock our sweater dresses, sip on a hot cocoa and enjoy the soon to be very cool fall season.

No comments: