Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Polka Dots...Friend of Foe?

Kwame fans (remember him? has-been rapper from the '90s) are rejoicing everywhere, thanks to the return of polka dots. Just remember ladies polka dots can be more of a frenemy than a friend to your body. Let's explore how to wear them shall we?

If you are not very height and weight proportionate then polka dots can either make you look like Bozo or some other clown. For my voluptious vixens, please use caution when wearing polka dots. Don't exaggerate your size by wearing large, colorful dots instead stick to a monochromatic dots that a neither too large or too tiny; also limit your dots to just one piece of your outfit. For my willowly babes, you too can look like a clown by wearing multiple polka dot pieces and while you can get away with wilder patterns, stay away from the ones that will make you scream "my outfit cost seven dollars for the whole thing."

As with all trends, exercise caution when rocking polka dots unless you're 12-years old, then I say have fun with them!

1 comment:

L.A.Smith said...

Great advice Ms.Fashion Know-How but I think I will stay away from the polka dots all together....the "Bozo-Factor" is just way to risky for my blood !!!